Hornibrook 2020 ~ Postponed until 2021
The Hornibrook event scheduled for Sydney 11 to 16 Oct 2020 has been cancelled see the details below received from MBE Golf Sydney
It is proposed to hold this event next year details will be advised in due course.
Our own events schedule is on hold until further notice.
- “Sponsors - We don’t think it is wise to promote this event and not give our sponsors the best possible avenue to obtain return from their investment, also it would be extremely difficult to find additional sponsors at this time
- Players - We expect it to be extremely hard for players to commit to our event at this time, either due to health reasons or financial capacity during these coming months when a decision must be made.
- Crown plaza The hotel is being flexible with our contract and have offered us the opportunity to postpone our event until next year, subject to availability.
- Coronavirus Listening to the so called experts we are looking at a minimum 6 months shutdown of normal living conditions where one can expect to be freely able to visit restaurants and clubs , hold functions and play golf in normal operating conditions and feel 100% safe in doing these activities.
Taking into consideration all of the above points we have decided to cancel this years event and the responses already received from state captains gives us the approval to hold the event next year same time and same location and hopefully same golf courses. We will also have to advise you on any cost changes that may occur.
Some people might think we are calling this too early but our best chance of holding a successful event will be next year not this year.”